For those who missed it (or not), here’s the slideshow that our summer student Jeff made for the intermission of the always-awesome Deep Summer Photo Challenge. We don’t have many mountain bike images in our archives (something we plan on rectifying in the future) so Jeff decided to craft his show around some of our beautiful old mountaineering photographs. Enjoy.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- In May 1939 George Bury, George Eisenschimel, Howard Hamil and another skier spent ten days exploring the area from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- The Gondola area, today better known as Creekside, in the fall of 1981. Photo: George Benjamin Collection . . .… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- On this day in 1982, Lost Lake Park was officially opened by Mayor Pat Carleton and Howe Sound MLA Allan Williams.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Whistler's own version of the Bridge of Sighs was built at Rainbow Lodge when the area was still referred to as Alt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- A Wet End to August,@1991 blog.whistlermuseum.org/2019/09/10/a-w… https://t.co/Xr05Rv5BLY 5 days ago