As it’s the beginning of a new year, we thought we’d share some photos from the beginnings of some other years in Whistler’s past. From the mundane to the more historic, we’ve collected a few shots of six new years in Whistler. All photos come from the Whistler Question and were taken or published in the first week of January.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- It may look like this Whistler Mountain instructor is about to fall, but we wouldn't bet on it. During his time in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- The Snow (or not) of 1976-77 blog.whistlermuseum.org/2020/01/21/the… https://t.co/pgkWyo95Gj 16 hours ago
- It's not often that the Village Stroll appears this peaceful these days. Can you tell from this photo which buildin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- From the look of the snow, it appears skis were a pretty good option for getting around at Rainbow Lodge. In the 18… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- On January 15, 1966 Whistler Mountain officially opened to skiers, with one gondola, one chairlift (the Red Chair),… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago