We’re starting something new on our blog for this year! Every week we’ll be sharing our own version of #tbt (Throwback Thursday) using photos from the Whistler Question from 1978 to 1985 and, wherever possible, the original captions. When the collection was donated the negatives were very helpfully organized by week, which means we actually know when the photos were taken or published! Some years do have some missing weeks, but what we’ve got we’ll share with you. So, if you’ve ever wondered what this week in Whistler used to look like, read on.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- Gordon Lampere Young, nicknamed Sid, first visited the Whistler valley in 1965 and soon became involved with the Ga… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- The challenge yesterday was a bit harder, but, believe it or not, that grid pattern (with artificial lake!) was an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- Did you know that you can colour Whistler's history? We have uploaded 25 of our colouring pages made from archival… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Xhiggy's Meadow, a much loved area off 7th Heaven, was named for Peter Xhignesse, who began working on ski patrol o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It seems yesterday's question was pretty easy, especially if you happen to know or be Tom Pro, so today we're switc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago