Depending on the year, the photos from each week of the Whistler Question Collection show a very different side of Whistler. Some weeks are dominated by photos of skiing and resort events (like Labatt’s World Cup Freestyle this week in 1980) while others demonstrate a community similar to many other small towns (think an Easter egg hunt and the completion of a new playground).
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- In May 1939 George Bury, George Eisenschimel, Howard Hamil and another skier spent ten days exploring the area from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- The Gondola area, today better known as Creekside, in the fall of 1981. Photo: George Benjamin Collection . . .… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- On this day in 1982, Lost Lake Park was officially opened by Mayor Pat Carleton and Howe Sound MLA Allan Williams.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Whistler's own version of the Bridge of Sighs was built at Rainbow Lodge when the area was still referred to as Alt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- A Wet End to August,@1991 blog.whistlermuseum.org/2019/09/10/a-w… https://t.co/Xr05Rv5BLY 5 days ago