We’re starting something new on our blog for this year! Every week we’ll be sharing our own version of #tbt (Throwback Thursday) using photos from the Whistler Question from 1978 to 1985 and, wherever possible, the original captions. When the collection was donated the negatives were very helpfully organized by week, which means we actually know when the photos were taken or published! Some years do have some missing weeks, but what we’ve got we’ll share with you. So, if you’ve ever wondered what this week in Whistler used to look like, read on.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- Today's not just BC Family Day, it's also the beginning of BC Heritage Week! We'll be celebrating both during our f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Some days we feel like our photos could use a bit more colour, and BC Family Day Kids Après is your chance to colou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We are all set to make pins, magnets and more at BC Family Day Kids Après! Come by the museum for hot chocolate, sc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Today marks the 10th anniversary of the opening of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, and so we headed over to the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Whistler's Olympic journey started much earlier than many people expect, when GODA and Sidney Dawes began searching… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago