We’re starting something new on our blog for this year! Every week we’ll be sharing our own version of #tbt (Throwback Thursday) using photos from the Whistler Question from 1978 to 1985 and, wherever possible, the original captions. When the collection was donated the negatives were very helpfully organized by week, which means we actually know when the photos were taken or published! Some years do have some missing weeks, but what we’ve got we’ll share with you. So, if you’ve ever wondered what this week in Whistler used to look like, read on.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- Did you know that there is a scale model of Rainbow Lodge in the 1930s in the museum? This was our second venture i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- It appears a lot of people are familiar with the Snowbird Villas of Alpine Meadows! Reportedly built in 1975, those… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- The first edition of the Whistler Question, published in April 1976, may have been printed in the Burrows' A-frame… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It would seem Al Armonies over on Facebook was the only one to answer yesterday's challenge correctly - Rocky Racco… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- During this week 40 years ago, Whistler Mountain hosted the Labatt's World Cup Freestyle Championship. Competitors… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago