As it’s the beginning of a new year, we thought we’d share some photos from the beginnings of some other years in Whistler’s past. From the mundane to the more historic, we’ve collected a few shots of six new years in Whistler. All photos come from the Whistler Question and were taken or published in the first week of January.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- From the look of the snow, it appears skis were a pretty good option for getting around at Rainbow Lodge. In the 18… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- On January 15, 1966 Whistler Mountain officially opened to skiers, with one gondola, one chairlift (the Red Chair),… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Volunteer Ski Patrol evacuation practice on the Olive Chair. We'll be learning more about Whistler Mountain's ski p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Our 2020 Speaker Series Begins! blog.whistlermuseum.org/2020/01/15/our… https://t.co/t8ycTtRHmp 4 days ago
- We're kicking off our 2020 Speaker Series on Wednesday, January 29 with a screening of Curtis Peterson's 1980 short… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago