As it’s the beginning of a new year, we thought we’d share some photos from the beginnings of some other years in Whistler’s past. From the mundane to the more historic, we’ve collected a few shots of six new years in Whistler. All photos come from the Whistler Question and were taken or published in the first week of January.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- This photo is known in our catalogue as "Skiers Traversing a Ridge". When Whistler Mountain opened for skiing in 19… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- In 1988, this was supposedly the smallest house in Whistler, and was included as a stop on Doug Banner's Whistler H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- When Blackcomb Mountain opened for skiing the season of 1980/81, many of the runs and lifts had names related to lo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Snowmobiles on Alta Lake? Though you won't see any these days, they were once a common sight. In January 1966 the n… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Before Opening Day blog.whistlermuseum.org/2019/12/03/bef… https://t.co/PkUKxJm1O9 2 days ago