We’re starting something new on our blog for this year! Every week we’ll be sharing our own version of #tbt (Throwback Thursday) using photos from the Whistler Question from 1978 to 1985 and, wherever possible, the original captions. When the collection was donated the negatives were very helpfully organized by week, which means we actually know when the photos were taken or published! Some years do have some missing weeks, but what we’ve got we’ll share with you. So, if you’ve ever wondered what this week in Whistler used to look like, read on.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- Isobel MacLaurin spoke at the museum recently, and told us about how she would be flown up the mountain by helicopt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 minutes ago
- Charlie Chandler and the Runaway Bannock blog.whistlermuseum.org/2019/11/12/cha… https://t.co/moEo0RXwYw 2 hours ago
- Whistler residents, including Walter Zebrowski, a veteran of the Second World War, lay wreaths at one of Whistler's… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Free food, Whistler history and prizes? Feeding the Spirit starts at the museum at 5:30! Photo: Blackcomb Mountain… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Winter views of Village Square haven't changed too much over the past few decades. You can see more images of the v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago