We’re starting something new on our blog for this year! Every week we’ll be sharing our own version of #tbt (Throwback Thursday) using photos from the Whistler Question from 1978 to 1985 and, wherever possible, the original captions. When the collection was donated the negatives were very helpfully organized by week, which means we actually know when the photos were taken or published! Some years do have some missing weeks, but what we’ve got we’ll share with you. So, if you’ve ever wondered what this week in Whistler used to look like, read on.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- Opening day for Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains on Friday, November 19, 1982. Photo: Whistler Question Collection… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 37 minutes ago
- We love how bright everyone looks in this photo! Though we don't have a date for this photo, we know it was taken b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- Today's Griffith photo shows a different view of the ski hill than you get from Village Square these days. Can you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Over the past couple of months, and for months to come, one of the big projects in our archives has been the catalo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- A selection of plates found in a Whistler parking lot in November 1979. We're not sure why the paper took pictures… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago