We’re starting something new on our blog for this year! Every week we’ll be sharing our own version of #tbt (Throwback Thursday) using photos from the Whistler Question from 1978 to 1985 and, wherever possible, the original captions. When the collection was donated the negatives were very helpfully organized by week, which means we actually know when the photos were taken or published! Some years do have some missing weeks, but what we’ve got we’ll share with you. So, if you’ve ever wondered what this week in Whistler used to look like, read on.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- Fall in Whistler has always looked pretty good to us! This image was captured from the River of Golden Dreams in O… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- To pair with an image shared a couple days ago, this incredibly clear aerial shot features 1980s Whistler Mountain… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- The installation of towers for Whistler Mountain's first Village Chair took place against a drop back of even more… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It's not often we come across such clear aerial photos from the 1980s, so when we do it's pretty exciting. We espec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- It may not be immediately recognizable, but this is a map of Whistler Village, annotated by Eldon Beck. We'll be so… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago