We’re starting something new on our blog for this year! Every week we’ll be sharing our own version of #tbt (Throwback Thursday) using photos from the Whistler Question from 1978 to 1985 and, wherever possible, the original captions. When the collection was donated the negatives were very helpfully organized by week, which means we actually know when the photos were taken or published! Some years do have some missing weeks, but what we’ve got we’ll share with you. So, if you’ve ever wondered what this week in Whistler used to look like, read on.
The official blog of the Whistler Museum & Archives Society
- When members of the Tyrol Ski & Mountain Club first chose the site for their cabin in 1963, the view across Nita La… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- The T-bar installed at 7th Heaven in 1985 (despite an October snowstorm!) came from Fortress Mountain in Alberta, t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Competitors in this race (we're not currently sure which race, but it took place on Whistler Mountain in April 1978… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Though the origins of the Slush Cup are unclear (if you have any information, we would love to know more!), the pre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- The bar of snow was indeed made for the Mouton Cadet events that were held on Whistler Mountain! Does anyone know t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago